The New Brunswick Occupational Health and Safety Act
sets out a variety of employee responsibilities designed to help
ensure a healthy and safe work environment. Employees must:
- Comply with the OHS Act and regulations.
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner and not put themselves or
others at risk.
- Report any workplace hazards.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Co-operate with the joint health and safety committee (JHSC) or
- Co-operate with WorkSafeNB and its health and safety
If you fail to comply with these responsibilities, a WorkSafeNB
health and safety officer may write an order requiring you to do
so. Failure to comply with an order of this nature could result in
prosecution and fines.