Working with claims
If a patient comes to you for treatment as a result of
sustaining an injury or occupational disease at their place of
work, they are required to notify you.
An adjudicator within WorkSafeNB's Adjudication and Benefit
Services (ABS) unit will determine whether to accept or reject a
claim. This is a legal determination as set out in the OHS
Act. An adjudicator may consult a WorkSafeNB physician for an
opinion on medical compatibility.
Additional medical assistance may occasionally be sought by
WorkSafeNB before making an adjudication decision on a claim, where
one or more of the following circumstances apply:
- Medical relationship between the accident and injury is not
- Seizures, food or blood poisoning
- Hearing loss
- Heart claims, serious injuries, fatalities
- Pre-existing conditions
- Psychological disorders
- Occupational or infectious diseases
- Repetitive strains, cumulative trauma
- Complications of injury, treatment
WorkSafeNB will contact you if additional information regarding
your patient is required for adjudication purposes.