If you’re injured at work

In the event of an accident, injury or occupational disease at work, you must immediately:

If the above conditions apply, together with your employer, complete a Form 67 and ensure the report is forwarded to WorkSafeNB within three days. If there is disagreement between you and your employer, you must still complete a Form 67 and forward it to WorkSafeNB immediately. Please note: you and your employer cannot agree not to report the accident.

What is an accident?
Under the Workers' Compensation Act, an accident can be one of the following:
(i) a wilful and intentional act, not being the act of the worker who suffers the accident; or
(ii) a chance event or incident occasioned by a physical or natural cause; or
(iii) a disablement caused by an occupational disease; or
(iv) a disablement or disabling condition; all arising out of and in the course of employment.
It does not include the disablement of mental stress or disablement caused by mental stress, unless it is a result of an acute reaction to a traumatic event.
What is an occupational disease?
Any disease that is peculiar to or characteristic of a particular industrial process, trade or occupation, and which is declared to be an occupational disease by regulation.

Your post-accident responsibilities

Your employer's responsibilities

Your health care provider's responsibilities

Click to print out a PDF of the Form 67.

Workers Guide

© 2018 WorkSafeNB